April 15th, 2015 will mark the Second Annual International Pompe Day! Last year the Pompe Community worked together to raise awareness of Pompe Disease, and showed the world how Strong our Community can be. Please click here for a summary of the events and activities that took place on the First Annual International Pompe Day.
For the Second Annual International Pompe Day, the IPA (International Pompe Association) has planned an International Fundraiser! Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards producing a short film developed and created by the IPA. The short film will be used to raise awareness of Pompe Disease and will be available to all of our Members and Affiliates for awareness and educational purposes.
As with selecting the date, logo, and slogan for International Pompe Day, the IPA would like to ask the international Pompe community for its help in choosing a fundraiser “theme.” Most people are aware of the extreme success of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. What made it so successful, we believe, is that it: (1) was easy for people to do; (2) it was more or less free (just needed a bucket, ice, and water); and (3) it was fun for others to watch online!
Suggestions were collected from the international Pompe Community and voting is NOW OPEN! Please cast your vote today for the fundraising suggestion of your choice on the International Pompe Day website at: http://worldpompe.org/events/international-pompe-day
Voting will be open until Monday, April 6, 2015 and the Fundraiser will go LIVE on April 15, 2015. Our fundraising goal is $50,000 (USD). Donations can be made directly to the IPA via our Paypal account or by wire transfer. More information on how to donate is available on the IPA’s International Pompe Day website (see link above).
Other Ways to Participate in International Pompe Day
In addition to the Fundraiser, the IPA will continue our activities from last year. The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is “Together We Are Strong”. The IPA encourages everyone to become involved in our Second Annual International Pompe Day to once again show how STRONG our Community is – both in numbers and in passion!
There are several ways that you can participate in addition to the fundraiser! These include:
Upload a photo to the International Pompe Day Photo Gallery.
• The photo can be of you, your family and friends, or community showing what “Together We Are Strong” means to you!
• Please use the Upload Form for uploading your photo on the International Pompe Day website: http://worldpompe.org/events/international-pompe-day.
Participate in the International Pompe Day Art Contest!
• There will be four categories for the contest: Ages 0-5; 6-10; 11-18; 18+
• Participants can submit an essay, photo, drawing/artwork, etc that depicts what “Together We Are Strong” means to them.
• The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 3, 2015 and winners will be announced on April 15, 2015.
• More information is available on the International Pompe Day website: http://worldpompe.org/events/international-pompe-day
Join the International Pompe Day Group on the IPA Community Forum!
• To join the Community Forum, please go to: http://worldpompe.org/index.php/community
• Once you have registered on the Community Forum, you can join the International Pompe Day Group by clicking on “International Pompe Day” under the Groups tab of the Community Forum, and then click “Join this Group.”
Purchase Official International Pompe Day Merchandise
Please visit the International Pompe Day Shop at www.cafepress.com/InternationalPompeDay to purchase your official International Pompe Day Merchandise! The Shop is hosted by the Acid Maltase Deficiency Association and proceeds will go towards Pompe Disease Awareness Activities.